Dreams & Goals
�who am I: I'm a small town girl, living in the big city, learning to trust God. I married a wonderful, patient man, Stephen, in October of 2008 and we had our first child, Micah, in June 2014. I've been keeping this diary since I was 16 years old, so it has seen a lot of life with me!
�likes: singing my soul out, writing my heart out, learning new things, falling in love, helping people, thinking about life, talking things through, dancing
�dislikes: not knowing where I'm going, fighting, losing touch with friends, making mistakes
My Bucket Lists
Dreams and Goals - 2004
Bucket List - 2019
Funny Factoids and Family Stories
9:27 p.m. || August 24, 2021
It occurs to me that there are some factoids that most people don't know about me, but I feel as though everyone knows, because my entire family knows, and they bring it up as often as opportunity presents itself, because to them, they are just so "Stephanie."
1. I got in trouble for reading the dictionary in 3rd grade when I was supposed to be listening to the teacher. I was actually showing my friend Kris how to use a dictionary, I believe.
2. When I was about 4 years old, my grandpa was driving us to the post office. The post office had a one-way parking lot, but it was empty, and my grandpa drove in the exit side. I was very alarmed and said, "Grandpa! The sign says do not enter!"
3. When I was 9 years old, my mom found me crying and crying because I...didn't want to turn 13. I had just read some books about how mean girls could be when they were teenagers and I figured that was my fate, and I didn't like it.
4. When I was about 13, my grandpa sold our very old mare to someone for $1, and I cried and cried about it.
5. When I was about 6, my grandma picked me up from school and I was absorbed in a story in the Reader's Digest. It was about fire, but I don't remember what else.
After being on Zoloft for 4 years, I look back on some of my odd memories, and I marvel that nobody thought to ask a doctor about my mental health. I guess in the 80s and 90s, that wasn't really a thing people worried about.
I'll add more as I remember them.
previous || next
Elizabeth's Dad - August 29, 2021
I Have COVID - August 28, 2021
Funny Factoids and Family Stories - August 24, 2021
Rehoming Ziva - July 31, 2021
Three Worlds - July 14, 2021